cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] New member welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome David -
Correction: was UDEF Co-chair - the group is in transition from the AFEI.org and AIA-aerospace.org (where I was Co-Chair).

Could I solicit comments on this, sent to the ebxml-bp group this morning? The overall direction is an advanced network of mechanisms that discover, compose, generate and execute
dynamic e-business processes... CAM and a semantic identifier approach in concert are very powerful for this approach...

Thanks for the feedback, Monica - I finally joined the ebBP group, and will be on the call today.

What I was referring to was a wider issue that the overall architecture of an SOA-like, cross-industry framework needs to address. That being, the data element semantics in the
actual business documents, which is what I believe you are referring to by illustrating the "references to semantic information that provides (loosely) a context to the business
information".

There should a pattern in the architecture for patterns that allows for 'semantic resolution' between two formats. Mechanisms providing semantic analysis, mapping code generation
and finally, transformation between two or more formats that were mapped, needs to be much more automated. Contivo does an excellent job of this, with a drawback: the enterprise
vocabularies are described in - you guessed it - english. This works well for enterprise semantic metadata repositories. However, a numeric format (CCTS) or alphanumeric format
(UDEF) needs to be used in the global framework.

CPA should reference the semantic metadata entry (maybe Schema, could be other however) in the registry that contains the semantic identification information for each element, and
the BP execution should link to the transformation mechanism. Without human intervention. In english. ; >

By the way, the UDEF has been picked up by the Open Group as the potential host for the data element trees:

http://www.opengroup.org/projects/udef/protected/

Let's remove the human mapping activity, eventually. Comments?

Monica J. Martin wrote:

 > john c hardin wrote:
 >
 >> Yes, absolutely. Actually today and all week, I am making notes for submission to the group re: the next steps to take with the Technical Architecture document.
 >>
 >> The link between the Reg-MS-CAP-BP execution layers is very crucial for the next generation of completely distributed, loosely-coupled apps. Public / Private processes are
targeted for my personal goals. I want to enable the entire network, with interlocking, but independent processes.

 >> The two missing items, from my understanding, are the ubiquitous semantic identifiers in all formats, and the event causality / event monitoring handles capable of deciphering
the undoubtedly complex layers of events, firing events, firing OTHER events, which in turn are used as decision points that fire yet more events, ad nauseum...

 >> Monica, what are your thoughts on this last part?

~~~~~~~~~
john c hardin
CIO - crossconnections.ws
313.930.5323 cell
mailto:john@crossconnections.ws

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global village."

     Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962