codelist message

Subject: Default letter ballot regarding the Schematron-based validation methodology

Fellow Code List Representation Technical Committee members,

At tonight's UBL TC teleconference it was pointed out they are still
awaiting a decision from us whether we are formally accepting the
moving of the UBL Methodology for Code List and Value Validation
project from their TC to our TC.

Accepting this has been on our CLRTC agenda for a few weeks, but we
haven't had quorum to finalize it, so they are still awaiting our answer.

As we are not having a teleconference tomorrow, I hereby submit the
following default letter ballot to address the proposal:

    That the Code List Representation Technical Committee take
    onto its programme of work the code-list-validation-related
    work item begun in the Universal Business Language Technical
    Committee, and to bring the renamed and revised specification
    through the OASIS process as the CLRTC committee decides.

To this end work has already begun on a draft renamed specification
so that the CLRTC members understand the scope and details of the project:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=24810

Another document would be inherited and maintained to provide an case
study application of the methodology, and a draft of this has also
been produced:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=24813

Tentatively the new project under CLRTC is titled "Schematron-based
Value Validation Using Genericode".

As a default ballot, if you agree with this proposal you need do
nothing.  Anyone opposed to this proposal is directed to register
their opposition on the mail list before the close of business Monday
August 20, 2007.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc