dita message

Subject: Running the DITA Briefing 3 demos

Here is the setup information and the script for tasks I followed (with a few skips) during today's DITA Briefing on DITA Processing.

Given that you have a JDK available (this is an all Java process that executes in a single thread--it can be fast!):

1. Install dita13, ant, and fop per dita-ant.html in the dita13 toolkit /doc directory. If you have HTML Help Workshop available, you will be able to run a special task that compiles the intermediate output.

2. CD to /dita13.

3. Run "ant all" before the show to get a full /out directory of results.

4. For slide 12 (the processing demos), run the following 3 demos:

eNote:
samples:
bookmap:
Extra credit:
If you have HTML Help Workshop installed, try running the standalone tasks "ant samples.htmlhelp.compile" or "ant demo.langref.compilehelp".

Although the OASIS DITA Technical Committee is chartered to handle all discussion about the design of the DITA DTDs, the TC does not manage the reference implementation (the dita13 toolkit). If you would like to discuss the operation of the DITA toolkit or contribute to its growth, please do so on the "DITA Forum" newsgroup on developerWorks (access info in http://xml.coverpages.org/dita.html).

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee