dita message

Subject: Re: [dita] Namespaces and Schemas: Some Initial Findings and XSLT Implications

At 18:38 2004-06-28 -0500, Eliot Kimber wrote:

>The problem turned out to be that the topic2html.xsl style sheet is written entirely against the class mappings, which is what it should do, but because those class mappings are defined in the schema equivalent of "fixed" attributes, Saxon doesn't see them because the open source version of Saxon 8 isn't schema aware. Doh!

I don't know any details, but it seems odd that you can't get saxon
to work with attribute defaults (I assume it doesn't matter whether
they are "fixed" or not).  You might want to shoot an email to
Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk> to see if you're missing something
(or to see if he has near term plans to fix this).

On the other hand, I'm tempted to say that, if this is true, Saxon 8
is broken and don't use it, but that's not a reason to change DITA.
There are other XSLT processors that work properly.

paul