dita message

Subject: Re: [dita] Question on keyref and duplicate element IDs incomposite documents

The spec is clear that a reference to a document without specifying a topic
ID is a reference to the first topic in that document, meaning either the
root element of the document, if it is a <topic> document, for the first
descendant topic if it is a <dita> document. So in this case the keyref
points unambiguously to paragraph "para-01".

From the Linking and Addressing section:

Addressing DITA topics via URI

Topics can always be addressed by a URI reference whose fragment identifier
consists of the
topic's ID. *For the purposes of linking, a reference to a
topic-containing document
addresses the first topic within that document in
document order.* For the purposes of
rendering, a reference to a
topic-containing document addresses the root element of the

document. [Emphasis mine]

A key-defining topicref addresses a topic by URI, thus this clause applies.

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber