dita message

Subject: New proposal 13092

I have added proposal 13092: add <ph> to <indexterm>. Had I realized sooner
this wasn't allowed I would have made this proposal a long time ago. I
absolutely have the same requirement expressed by Emma Burrows in the mail
copied below. I would be very surprised if the Semiconductor SC didn't have
the same requirement.

Here is the discussion from DITA Users that triggered this proposal
[non-relevant bits removed]:

--- paste: ---

Emma Burrows writes:

By ³correctly tag², I mean that if a concept is called ³HT<sub>4</sub> Beta
Receptor², then the corresponding entry in the index must be called
³HT<sub>4</sub> Beta Receptor². This isnıt necessarily the same concept as
³HT4 Beta Receptor².

As far as I can tell, this applies to italics, small caps, subscript and
superscript markup, all of which apparently carry significance in the world
of pharmaceutics and forensic toxicology. So any suggestions on how to
handle this situation correctly if deriving an element from <indexterm> and
adding <ph> to it is a bad idea would be great.

--- end of paste ---
--
Eliot Kimber
Senior Solutions Architect