dita message

Subject: Re: [dita] @tabindex on <audio>

At the risk of jumping ahead of Chris, I think Kris's description is better. But we still (IMO) must reference the HTML5 spec (WHATWG version), for this and likely for other multimedia element properties. Tabindex is at https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#the-tabindex-attribute.

I'll note that @tabindex doesn't really make sense for <audio> and <video>.

Also, if I could wave a magic wand and specify these multimedia properties as attributes, not elements, I would. I acknowledge that this was necessary for 1.3 (because we can't define element-specific attribute specializations), but we could consider flipping these properties to attribute values for 2.0.

-Alan