dita message

Subject: Questions regarding “things you press”

I’m still working through the second stage proposal for things you press.
Original email https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201906/msg00033.html
draft proposal here: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/dita/trunk/DITA-2.0/stage-2/Issue257-thingToPress.dita

As I’m working through some of the review comments on the stage two proposal, I’m coming across bigger questions.

1. Where to put it.
I’m contemplating dumping it in the software domain, but that doesn’t feel overly correct.
Should there be a hardware domain?
(Would the hazard stuff fit into it? Are there other things to go in? I don’t have hardware experience to guess.)

2. Migration theories. If you have a new element that could replace existing elements but don’t have to, what do we want to recommend? You can, this is how, but you don’t have to?

Thanks,
Zoë