dita message

Subject: Questions about revised multimedia domain

Dear DITA TC members,

I spent some time looking at the multimedia domain/elements, and I have a few questions for a future TC call.
1- I don't know how I ended up being the champion of this proposal :-) After Chris Nitchie's mega detailed stage 3 proposal for a 1.3-compatible multimedia domain, I remember volunteering to be part of a working group to make the domain 2.0-compatible and avoid a direct specialization from <object> Anyway, here I am championing like a champion (or like a champignon).
2- Do we still want this as a separate domain or do we want new elements and attributes to be part of body elements at the same level as object?
3- I remember that we decided that a 2.0-based multimedia domain should be "more like HTML5," and here's what I mined from the HTML5 spec:

Video (allows content for "fallback" inside the element, but not for accessibility purposes)
Attributes:
- src
- poster
- preload (none|metadata|auto)
- autoplay
- loop
- audio
- controls
- width
- height
- muted
Children elements:
- Track
Attributes:
- kind (subtitles|captions|descriptions|chapters|metadata)
- src
- srclang
- label
- default
- Source
Attributes:
- src
- type
- media

Audio
Attributes:
- src
- preload
- autoplay
- muted
- loop
- controls
Children elements:
- Source
- Track

What do we need from these for a DITA 2.0-based multimedia domain?

Best,

Carlos
--Â
Carlos Evia, Ph.D.