dita message

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 2 February 2021 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems: none

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 2 February 2021
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Jim Tivy

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: Zoe Lawson, Gershon Joseph

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202102/msg00001.html (Harrison, 02 February 2021)
[will be updatd to reflect comments]
moved by Kris, 2nd Carlos, approved by TC

3. Announcements
none

4. Action items
[updates only, see agenda for complete list]
Chris: Send specialization proposal to Nancy
Frank, Nancy, Dawn, Gerson: Summarize comments about charter
Everyone: Review Chet's template for TC charters
Robert: Respond to Chris P on dita-comment
- Kris; Robert, did you respond to Chris P?
- Robert; yes
- Kris; Chris, did you get info to Nancy wrt loosening @ specialization?
- Chris; I'll try to do it this week.

5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?
[no official business discussed]

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0
[updates only; see above link for complate list]

Stage two
(Kimber) Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/33)
(./) 26 January 2021: Initial TC discussion
2 Feb. 2021: TC vote
[agenda item #7]

Stage three
(Nitchie) Add title alts to map (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/16)
(./) 06 December 2020: Proposal to reviewers (Anderson, Eberlein, Wegmann)
? 2021: Initial TC discussion
? 2021: TC vote
- Chris; I sent this out.
- Kris; has Robert reviewed it?
- Robert; I didn't think so, but actually I may have.
- Kris; so is linktitle in this proposal the new name for linktext, with a new specialization base, but with behavior basically the same as linktext?
- Chris; yes. stage 2 had different processing expectations for linktitle from linktext. But after the feedback I got, I decided to leave it basically the same as it was for linktext.
- Kris; any objections to voting on this next week?
[none vote next week]

7. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
Vote
Issue #33 Remove copy-to
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202102/msg00008.html (Kimber, 02 Feb 2021)
- Kris; did the ocver page metadata get corrected?
- Eliot; yes, I fixed that.
Eliot moved to advance this from stage 2 to stage 3, 2nd by Dawn
Voting results:
yes votes 13 (Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann)
no votes 0
[stage 3 reviewers Robert and ??]

8. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
Vote
None
Initial discussion
Title-alts
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202101/msg00020.html (Nitchie, 31 February 2021)
- Kris; did the version with the latest changes get reviewed.
- Chris; yeah, I've sent it out.
- Kris; has Robert reviewed it?
- Robert; I didn't think so, but actually I may have.
- Kris; so is this linktitle new name for linktext, new spec base, but behavior is same as linktext?
- Chris; yes. stage 2 had dif processing expectation for linktitle from linktext, but after feedback, decided to leave it same as it was for linktext?
- Kris; objections to vote next we3ek?
[none vote next week]

9. Presenting on DITA 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202102/msg00000.html (Joseph, 01 February 2021)
- Kris; Robert & I will look at our slides and send something to Gershon, in case he is still doing this...

Other;
- Kris; Dawn where are you on the conference?
- Dawn; we've gotten our proposals, will send out responses at end of week.
And we'll send out announcements, same type as last time.
- Kris; any changes based on user feedback from last year?
- Dawn; we'll be having fewer options across each time slice. We've also changed test kitchen slots; they'll be in a block of time that's good for both Europe & US time zones. We'll still be broadcasting 15 hours a day. but some tweaks.
- Dawn; the hardest part of my job is dealing with conferences. :-)
- Kris; but you do it so well.

11:25 am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 2 February 2021

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison