dita message

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 12 July 2022 uploaded

Submitter's message
Action Items: none

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 12 July 2022
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
===========
Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Bill Burns, Chris Trenkamp,
Melanie Petersman

Business
========
1. Roll call
Regrets: Eric Sirois, Keith Schengili-Roberts

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00001.html (Harrison, 02 July 2022)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Scott, approved by TC

3. Announcements;
- Dawn; we'll be running ConVex Europe right after Tekom, same place in Rotterdam; will be posting call for speakers soon.

4. Action items
[updates only; complete list in agenda]
07 June 2022:
Kris: Sent draft of e-mail to dita-users to list
28 June 2022:
Kris: Consider where to document the caveat re: hyphens not underscores in OASIS filenames
- Kris; will try to resolve mine this week.

5. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0
[updates only; see link for current status]

Stage two
(Anderson) Add new attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/670)
- Robert; I'll try to get revised version out this week.

Stage three
(Eberlein) Remove classification domain and add new attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/647)
- Kris; I'll also try to get an update out this week.

6. DITA 2.0 stage two proposals
[no updates]

7. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
[no updates]

8. Concerns about DITA 2.0's multimedia elements
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00006.html (Chris Trenkamp, 08 July 2022)
- Chris; no distinction between local scope and external scope, but multimedia elements don't make that distinction clear. For some use cases, we supply things without deliverables, and we want that to be reflected in our XML.
- Kris; so the heart of matter is that the video element doesn't meet all your reqs for your use case. These multimedia elements have been thru some churn, b/c we expected a domain that would be 1.3 compatible. If we add same @s to poster and media-source element that are on xref, we'd get all the @s we needed. depending on @format which could give us the mime-type, which isn't a req anyway on video elements.
- Robert; audio, video, and media-source do have @scope. we also have keys, which could be used. So there's a way to do it, but it requires a key rather than doing it right on your video.
- Chris; that could make it work, but format @ is getting mimetype supposed to default to taking file extension. So keyref could work, but a bit confusing.
- Kris; that's what we had in the original design; originally had poster element, then changed it to an @.
- Robert; primary motivation for moving it to LwD as an @ was to reduce the number of elements in LwD, and also to match HTML usage. Main question is whether to add extensions to @format as mimetype. We don't want to add a new @ type; we already have too many. But @mimetype is like type but more specific.
- Eliot; having a poster element would be cleaner solution, but I agree with Robert's concerns about element count in LwD.
- Kris; Frank, what's your sense of this? How about adding new element?
- Frank; I wan't part of the initial discussions on this; I'd have to bring this back to SC to disucss it. Currently not carved in stone, but something in line with HYML5 would be prefereable, so a change would also have to be brought back to SC.
- Kris; there are definitely concerns about adding a new eleement; also there's the problem wrt development work; we no longer have a champion for multimedia element. Robert; it sounds like you'd prefer to just tweak the docs around @format. The cleaner solution would be to add a new element, but that's a resource issue.
- Eliot; we have a lot of video in our ServiceNow content, so I could justify the time to do a proposal for a poster element, but Kris's concerns are valid.
- Kris; OTOH, if we don't do the best thing, we'll be stuck with what we have.
- Frank; if you think you might be able to tackle it, then please come to next SC mtg and we can discuss it and bless it or not.
- Eliot; I could do that, as long as my schedule doesn't conflict
- Kris; and I could be backup if Eliot can't come.
- Frank; next SC meeting is Mon. 7/25 @1pm ET.
- Kris; so Chris, if we introduce a poster element, will that largely address your concerns?
- Chris; that will address main concerns; ww'll still have some concerns around mimetype, but that would deal with main issue.
- Kris; and we're not likely to change mimetypes.
- Chris; if it can be analogous to xref, that would be great.

9. Review O: Accessibility
Opening of review: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202206/msg00033.html (Eberlein, 14 June 2022)
Important: Specific requirements for how reviewers should enter review comments in Content Fusion
Any updates?
Comments assigned to Robert
New topic content to be drafted by Keith
- Kris; Robert, any comment resolutions?
- Robert; no
- Kris; I will be nagging on this...

10. DITA 1.x to 2.0 migration work
Update about the committee note:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202206/msg00066.html (Lawson, 28 June 2022)
Wiki page: Migrating DITA 1.x to DITA 2.0
- Kris; any updates?
- Eliot; I met with zoe and i took action to draft something, but haven't had a chance yet to do it. Several things need to be drafted; 1) committee note, and 2) section in spec on migration
- Kris; and Dawn and folks at ComTech also volunteered to write on these.
- Eliot; I'll reach out to Dawn and her people as well.

11. Recruiting companies and people to the DITA TC
Update about Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) (Eberlein)
Wiki page: Companies with and without DITA TC membership
Who do you know who would be an asset to the TC?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202206/msg00003.html (Eberlein, 03 June 2022)
- Kris; we now havev 2 folks from Siemens AG - Chris and Melanie - so welcome!

11:30 AM ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 12 July 2022

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison