dita message

Subject: Re: Question about rev attribute on booktitle in bookmap

Updating to note that the same question applies to the title specializations in the glossary entry topic. For example, <glossterm> is specialized from the topic title, and also did not get the rev attribute update in DITA 1.3. The same goes for section titles in that topic, such as glossAcronym.

So, my earlier question should be expanded a bit to ask whether we should add the rev attribute to all title specializations, to keep up with the change made to that base element in DITA 1.3.

Thanks,
Robert

From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Robert Anderson <robert.dan.anderson@oracle.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 3:43 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi all,

As I'm doing some cleanup in the bookmap grammar files, I noticed that a small inconsistency with the base grammar. In DITA 1.3, we added the @rev attribute to the title element. In bookmap, the <booktitle> element is based on the core title element -- but it did not get the same update.

Can we update the booktitle element to add the rev attribute, so that it is once again in sync with the attribute list on the base title element?

Thanks,
Robert