dita message

Subject: RE: DITA and intelligent information Request and Delivery Standard (iiRDS)

Hey, Bob.

I’m well acquainted with iiRDS. We’ve tried several times to set up a formal connection between the iiRDS working group and the DITA TC, but it has not worked out. I’ll put this on the TC agenda for today, and I’d also be happy to have a call with you about the past history.

Kris

From: Johnson, Bob <bjohnson@janacorp.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2023 11:15 AM
To: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>

Hi Kris,

I had a discussion this morning with Harald Stadlbauer, chair of the iiRDS working group.  iiRDS is a standard intended to help facilitate the delivery of intelligent tech comm content to support a variety of products. Essentially iiRDS acts as a middle layer between the DITA source and the consuming application to facilitate intelligent exchange of content. The iiRDS sees a lot of opportunity to integrate with DITA content as a source format for the content.

Here is the iiRDS web site: iiRDS - The International Standard for Intelligent Information Request and Delivery - tekom iiRDS

Here is a page on iiRDS integration with DITA: iiRDS and DITA - tekom iiRDS

I think it might be worth discussing a collaboration between the DITA TC and the iiRDS work group on this integration. I’d be happy to discuss with you. I’m also happy to facilitate and introduction between you and Harald.

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Bob