docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Using make with jade

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 01:10:39PM +0000, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> I need to be certain that this jade-mandated # isn't going to be eaten by
> make but will be passed intact to the shell.

I use a recent GNU make under Linux, and this character is not
interpreted as comment in the command line. Just try that; if it works,
it should be enough for you provided you are going to setup your working
environment once and use it for rendering.

On the other hand, if you need your document to work properly with many
various implementations of make, you'll have to find a portable way to
do that.

Hope this helps,
Baurjan.