docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Internationalized index in XSL

Dave Pawson wrote:

> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N6461.html#d7250e1394
>
> (Look down after the discussion of terms :-) there is some code
> using a collator in java.
>   I managed to  sort an English sequence 'wrongly',
>   so it will manage any sort ordering.

That's different but related story. With index there is no problem with
sorting but with grouping done on XSLT level. My new code overcomes
limitions which were present in the previous index grouping code.

With my new code, you can even delete following note from your copy of
Bob's book (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/IndexOutput.html):

"Currently the automatic indexing does not handle accented characters
properly. Characters such as a, à, and ä should sort together, but they
do not."

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz