docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extending ulink

On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Warren Young wrote:

> there would be a lot of boilerplate code.  I'd like to have the XSL
> step generate as much of this as possible.
>
> For instance, if the function is foo(), I'd like the DocBook to
> look something like this:
>
>     <apiref fn="foo"/>
>
> and have it generate:
>
>     <function><ulink url="http://somewhere.out.there/ref/
> foo.html">foo()</ulink></function>
>
> In plain XSLT, this is a straightforward transformation.  My
> problem is, I can't just go and define <apiref>

Warren,

How about using the "type" attribute for <ulink/> as the match in the
XSLT?

eg.

<ulink type="apiref" url="foo"/>

I believe that the type attribute is specifically for this scenario,
as it (type) is application-specific. Match on <ulink/> of type
"apiref" and wrap with the rest of your template.

-David