docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: docbook tiny

/ Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> was heard to say:
| http://norman.walsh.name/2005/11/05/dbtiny works at the gross level,
| as Norm suggests.
|
| given
|    element itemizedlist {
|       db.itemizedlist.attlist,
|       db.itemizedlist.info,
|       db.all.blocks*,
|       db.listitem+
|     }
| Is there any way I can remove
| db.all.blocks from this *without*
| modifying the actual docbook.rnc file?
|
| I'm looking for the import override class of
| action that xslt provides?
|
| Any suggestions please

Sure:

include "http://docbook.org/xml/5.0b1/rng/docbook.rnc"; {

   db.itemizedlist =
      element itemizedlist {
         db.itemizedlist.attlist,
         db.itemizedlist.info,
         db.listitem+
      }
}

But this'd be even easier if we defined patterns:

  db.itemizedlist.preamble.blocks = db.all.blocks
  db.orderedlist.preamble.blocks = db.all.blocks

which we could certainly do.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--