docbook-apps message

Subject: Wanted: To hire a DocBook consultant or LaTeX macro developer

Please email me if you are or know of a DocBook consultant or LaTeX
macro developer who may be interested and available to assist me in
producing a book and a website from text that I'm writing.

I haven't yet decided whether to use LaTeX or DocBook so if you have a
preference, let me know.  I've written a couple of books with LaTeX
and I've never used DocBook but I've heard good things about it.

The source text should be a master file that's converted to each of
the output formats more-or-less automatically.  Here's a hypothetical
example:

- The web version might say

     Next, do an advanced search

 where "advanced search" is an underlined link that opens a new browser window.

- In the same spot, the print version might say

      Next, do an advanced search by clicking the "Advanced" button.

  and include a screen shot showing the button.

Other text in the source files would be the same in all output versions.

As another example, the Web version might have top-level section
headings with colored backgrounds, while the print version would have
top-level headings in 24-point Garamond Bold.  This shouldn't be
hardcoded into the source document.  Instead I'd like to mark text as
"this is a top-level heading" and have the formatting applied when the
final output is produced.

Thanks,

Nancy Blachman