docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to change the font?

On 11/9/06, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
> I use Arial Unicode MS too as a backup symbol font.  You can add it to the
> stylesheet parameter named symbol.font.family as described here:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SpecialChars.html
>
> It becomes a fallback font if a character isn't in your main font.

Ah, yes. I do the same thing as Bob, but added the aforementioned
customization because of problems with my FO processor (AntennaHouse)
and our ancient Type1 fonts. The fonts themselves were suggesting that
they knew how to render more glyphs than they actually could, so we
took matters into our own hands and added the <phrase>-based markup I
mentioned.

HTH,
Keith