docbook-apps message

Subject: refentry and HTML chunking customization

Hello,

we are preparing a document which uses „refentry“ element inside „sections“. The resulting HTML will be chunkend on chapter level. As I have found out, the refentry element gets chunked despite section chunking is turned off.

After that, I customized the chunking templates so that it would not produce refentry in a standalone file with broken hyperlinks in table of contents. My problem, however, is that I did not succeeded in creating proper cutomization file as described in Bob Stayton’s book (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ChunkingCustomization.html).

After creating customized version of chunk.xsl with suggested orderd of imported files I placed the changed templates right after imported chunk-code.xsl.

I removed all refentries in these templates:

process-chunk

chunk-all-sections

chunk-first-section-with-parent

<xsl:template match="set|book|part|preface|chapter|appendix

                     |article

                     |reference|refentry

                     |book/glossary|article/glossary|part/glossary

                     |book/bibliography|article/bibliography|part/bibliography

                     |colophon">

chunk

<xsl:when test="local-name($node)='refentry'">1</xsl:when>

But during transformation I get a lot of error messaged reporting various ambiguous matches and the process fails. Perhaps I did something wrong as to templates import precedence.

In the end my solution was to make a copy of chunk-code.xsl and chunk-common.xsl, rename them, change appropriate templates and create a new chunk.xsl which imports my main driver file and the above mentioned files.

My customized version of chunk.xsl looks like this and gets me the desired result:

<xsl:import href=""my-custom-docbook.xsl"/>

<xsl:import href=""chunk-common-customized.xsl"/>

<xsl:include href=""manifest.xsl"/>

<xsl:include href=""chunk-code-customized.xsl"/>

But I would like to ask wheter somebody has come across a similar problem and was able to achieve the right solution.

Greetings

pavel