docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Some more Olink Issues

Hi Maine,
I haven't had a chance to trace through your example in detail, but I will mention a couple of things you can try.

1.  A sitemap is used in a target database to generate *relative* paths between output files in different output directories.  In your case, one of your baseuri attributes is specifying a full path.  The baseuri should be the final pdf filename, not the full path.

2.  The baseuri files have a .xml suffix.  The baseuri in the target database for a PDF document should be the .pdf output filename.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 11:21 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Some more Olink Issues

Dear Users,

I am having some issues with Olink.
  • I created the targetdoc Ids for the required documents, DocumentA.pdf and DocumentB.pdf.
  • I created the Master Database document and processed the XML with HTML DocBook.xsl stylesheet to generate the target data files.
  • I also created the output using my customized FO style sheet.
The link appears to have formed. The issue is the path is not showing up correctly. Instead of showing up as /home/XYZ/FolderName/DocumentB.pdf it is showing up as /home/FolderName/DocumentB.pdf - and there by giving a Page Not Found error.

I am thinking the error is in my Master Database file. I am attaching it here for a quick review. Would hugely appreciate if members can provide helpful pointers.

Sincerely,
GD
----------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE targetset
       SYSTEM "/home/XYZ/Files/stylesheets/docbook-xsl-1.72.0/common/targetdatabase.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY FedTaxPactargets SYSTEM "/home/XYZ/FedTaxPac/FedTax.db">
<!ENTITY MasterGlossarytargets SYSTEM "/home/XYZ/MasterGlossary/MasterGlossary.db">
]>
<targetset>
  <targetsetinfo>
    Description of this target database document, which is for the examples in olink doc.
  </targetsetinfo>

  <!-- Site map for generating relative paths between documents -->
  <sitemap>
  <dir name="home">
  <dir name="XYZ">
    <dir name="FedTaxPac">
          <document targetdoc="FedTaxPack"
          baseuri="/home/XYZ/FedTaxPac/FedTaxPac.xml">
           &FedTaxPactargets;
    </document>
    </dir>
    <dir name="MasterGlossary">