docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xsl parameter "ulink.footnotes" generating anerror

John Brown wrote:

> If you are on Ubuntu, then at the prompt, run:
>
> sudo ./install.sh
>  and enter your password when prompted. That will let you run the script
> as root.

It appears that the distribution is not supposed to be installed as root:

> su
Password:
# ./install.sh

NOTE: For non-interactive installs/uninstalls, use --batch

WARNING: This install script is meant to be run as a non-root
         user, but you are running it as root.

Are you sure you want to continue? [No]

Furthermore, the distribution (1.74.0) that I downloaded doesn't contain
a file .profile.incl, see:

~/tmp/docbook-xsl-1.74.0> find . */.profile.incl > /dev/null
find: *: No such file or directory
~/tmp/docbook-xsl-1.74.0>

Is the distribution broken?

Erik.