docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] General question about creating docbook documents (maybe OT)

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Frank Arensmeier <frank@nikemedia.se> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I would like to ask the list members: how do you create docbook-compilant
> XML documents? What does your workflow looks like so to say? Do you write
> XML files in a XML editor? A web interface? My apologies if this is slightly
> off topic.

I started working with docbook a couple of months back, so my
experience is very limited. Since we do software, we are internally
using cmake+ctest+cdash for managing our regression technique.
All I had to do is write a custom cmake script so that instead of
compilation errors, I know reports error of xmllint --valid. I also
catch error (on stdout) when running fop, and xstlproc.

I personnally use vim + serna to edit docbook (both are debian
packages), some coworkers uses emacs and I think one is using XXE at
times.

Cheers
--
Mathieu