docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] PACBook announce

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Dew, Simon wrote:

Hi

I'm pleased (also slightly nervous) to announce the PACBook project.
This is a suite of linguistic pre-processing stylesheets for XML
documentation, primarily aimed at DocBook.

The project is hosted here:

https://github.com/STANLEYSecurity/PACBook

The stylesheets deal with two inter-related areas:

1. Translating documents;

2. The linguistic consequences of transclusion and / or conditional
processing.

Users of Publican may be interested to know that, among many other
things, these stylesheets attempt to address the linguistic problems
mentioned here:

https://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/en-US/Publican/4.0/html/Users_Guide/chap-Publican-Users_Guide-Creating_a_document.html#sect-Publican-Users_Guide-Entities_and_translation

Although I'm using these stylesheets daily (along with the DocBook XSL
stylesheets) and have been for years, this is not a 1.0 release.
Documentation is, ironically, a work in progress ? see the doc folder or
the wiki, and unit tests are basically non-existent.

I'm happy to offer these stylesheets to the DocBook community in the
hope that someone will find them useful. Contributions are welcome.

Thank you for posting this. Is there a location where the HTML documents can be read rather than seen unrendered in GitHub?

The Readme could benefit from a little expansion. What *are* "the linguistic consequences of transclusion and/or conditional processing"? How do I know if I'm suffering from them? (Like the first time reading about a medical condition, I'm starting to feel like I might already have this. Is it normal for XSL to hurt?)

How does this package help make it better?

Thanks!