docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] fo, chapter headings corrupted

> font-family="ariesSCB,Symbol,ZapfDingbats">
[â]
> All that shows in the PDF is
>
> 9.    !
>
> I'm tending to look at a font missing problem, except for the two
> 'present' characters.

Looks like a missing font problem at first glance. If you donât have
âariesSCBâ then youâre only getting characters from Symbol and Zapf
Dingbats.

Symbol contains â9â, â.â, and â!â in the expected places[1]. I guess
modern systems âknowâ what Unicode characters are in a font and you
donât get â or â for âAâ because neither of those is an âAâ even though
itâs ostensibly at code point 0x41 in Symbol and Zapf Dingbats,
respectively.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_%28typeface%29