docbook-apps message

Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multiplatform toolchain for outputting "nice" PDF

Hi,

On 20.01.24 16:46, l@tlo wrote:
A year and a few months later, here we are, ready for an upgrade.

We're moving to a Ubuntu container that has fop 2.9.

Now, I'd like to move to DocBook 5.1 but I'd like to know if there is there an online document that summarizes the major differences between DocBook 4.5 and 5.1.

If I'm not mistaken, there is no direct summary of changes between DocBook 4.5
and 5.1.

However, you can review the changes between 4.5 and DocBook 5.0 here:

  https://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.0/ch01#introduction-whats-new

There is another summary that also includes changes between DocBook 5.0 and 5.1
which you can see here:

  https://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.2/ch00-online#changes-in-52

Hope that helps. :)

--