docbook message

Subject: programlisting and pdf width

Hi,
I'm using Docbook DTD v4.3-1.0-25 and dsssl stylesheet 1.78
My production chain for pdf is :
docbook2tex test_table.xml && jadetex test_table.tex && dvipdf
test_table.dvi
jw is 1.1 (docbook-utils 0.6.14)
jadetex -v gives me : TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159 kpathsea version 3.4.5
dvipdf : ??
I'm trying to include C code inside my doc via programlisting.
I use the sample program called test_table.xml :
<?xml version=3D"1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN" "
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd";>
<article>
 <section>
   <title>toto</title>
   <programlisting>
/************************************
/***********************************
   </programlisting>

 </section>
</article>

My problem is that while second line of comment is nearly well printed, the
first one has a bunch of whitespaces inserted just before the very last
character.
I think this is a problem of line size, the second line is 36 caracters
wide.
I tryed with the width attribute but it appears that those alignment are
performed before scaling.
Anyone has any clue for this ?
Thx a lot