docbook message

Subject: RE: [docbook] Dividers and fleurons

I took my cue from 'or for divisions within a chapter', and the fact
that different printed editions of the same work often use different
fleurons, vignettes, or dividing lines. Steven Pemberton presented
various editions of 'Ulysses' as an example. I.e., the author calls for
a break, a brief pause, the nature of which is left up to the
typesetter. While you might infer that the portions of body text
delimited by those breaks constitute sections, you don't have to. And
even if the chapter actually is composed of informal sections, the
dividers are more a feature of the chapter than of the individual
sections.

kind regards
Peter Ring

<snip/>