docbook message

Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook5: literallayout in entry gives validation errors

Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> ---------------------------------
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version="5">
>   <title>Test Case: literallayout in entry</title>
>     <title>Test</title>
>     <tgroup cols="1">
>       <tbody>
>         <row>
>           <entry>abc <literallayout>def</literallayout></entry>
>         </row>
>       </tbody>
>     </tgroup>
> </article>
> ---------------------------------
>
> I don't know why this should be invalid, but jing complains with the
> following message:

Table entries have sort of "dual" content model. Either they can
directly contain text and inline elements (mixed content), or they can
contain block elements. Because literallayout is block level element you
can't mixed it with text directly. You have to change your entry to:

<entry>
  <para>abc</para>
  <literallayout>def</literallayout>
</entry>