docbook message

Subject: Re: [docbook] Invalid links on page

Hi Filippo,

Regarding the bad links, it seems there is an extra "wd-" in the filenames in the URLs on that page. For example:

ÂÂ http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/specs/wd-wd-docbook-xmlcharent-0.3.pdf

should be

ÂÂ http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/specs/wd-docbook-xmlcharent-0.3.pdf

Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding character entities in DocBook 5, you should read this section in my online book:

ÂÂ http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Db5Entities.html

It points out that the DocBook 5 schema does not include those character entity declarations (because RelaxNG does not support entity declarations), but describes how to borrow those from DocBook 4 if you want them. Personally, I no longer use named character entities because my XML editing program can display Unicode characters directly.

I don't know of a single table that lists all the DocBook character entities. The reference documentation for DocBook character entities is in several tables in DocBook: The Definitive Guide for version 4, available online at:

ÂÂ http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/refchar.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net