docbook message

Subject: Re: [docbook] RDFa Lite inside <info>

> Sure, in that case you can use the <keyword> element or use the audience
> attribute. However, for my taste, it creates two distinct sets of
> metadata: one from DocBook and the other from the vocabulary (in my
> case, schema.org).

Yes. I considered that. I imagine you could go the other way and make
everything RDFa or Dublin Core or something. But then youâd have a very
non-DocBook DocBook document.

My (personal) inclination would still be to use the DocBook-native
metadata features where possible. But I can see how you might want to
use RDFa more consistently.

> Yes, the information should appear in the HTML source. If I'm not
> mistaken, RDFa Lite is currently not supported for the XSLT 1.0
> stylehsheets. This would need a customization layer (which I already
> have).

Iâm pretty sure theyâre supported by the xslTNG stylesheets.

>> Itâs perhaps geared a little too strongly towards the HTML
>> style of meta element. It could probably be relaxed a
>> little bit, so that name was optional for example, to make
>  it fit this use case a little better.
>
> If I read the TDG correctly, "name" is a required attribute, right?
> Wouldn't that make this attribute somehow unnecessary in the light of
> RDFa Lite?

Thatâs what I meant by âcould probably be relaxed a little bit.â

> Not sure if the content model should be adapted. Something like a
> "HTML-like" <meta> element with name and a "RDFa Lite"-like <meta> with
> all other RDFa attributes. Would that make sense?

The RDFa attributes are already global, I think all that needs to be
changed is that the ânameâ attribute should be optional.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>