docbook message

Subject: Missing required entrytbl cols attribute?

Hello.

I'm nesting CALS tables with the entrytbl element and the schema doesn't require me to specify the cols attribute (I'm using RelaxNG + Schematron to validate). However, without it, the stylesheets complain. (I'm using DB 5.0[.1] here but I think it's the same in latest 5.2 RC.)

I did a quick look over the CALS spec here at https://www.oasis-open.org/specs/a502.html and it does list it as required.

Is this then an omission in the DB schema? Or are the stylesheets in the wrong here?

Thanks in advance for an answer or a pointer to relevant docs.

Blaz