docbook message

Subject: Re: [docbook] Marking up the concept of dependency on some external resource

On 02/03/2023 08:18, Paul Hoadley wrote:
Hello,

I want to mark up some DocBook articles that will be "dependent on" resources such as legislation. [...]
At the article level, I would presumably use a bibliographyâcorrect?

For a formal reference in the text, yes; then use <biblioref>

How could I extend this notion of dependency down to lower-level
elements (say, section and para)?

My gut feeling is that this is best done by an IDREFS attribute on those element types that are going to contain textual references without an actual <biblioref>. As an example, TEI provides several attributes for this kind of reference. Maybe <para mentions="spamact2033">...

Peter