docbook message

Subject: How to mark a programlisting non-translatable

Hello,

currently the text in a <programlisting> element looks like this in the resulting HTML:

<pre class="programlisting">
some program lines
</pre>

I need that the result should look like the following to turn on syntax highlighting and more importantly to prevent automatic translation of meaningful strings in the listing (say comments) from happening:

<pre class="programlisting highlight-shell notranslate">
some program lines
</pre>

I've tried to add such a transformation to stylesheet.xsl:

<xsl:template match="programlisting">
  <pre class="programlisting highlight-shell notranslate">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </pre>
</xsl:template>

This basically does what I need but a stray xmlns attribute appears in pre:

<pre xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/transitional"; class="programlisting highlight-shell notranslate">
some program lines
</pre>

I don't think this xmlns is required and I'm not even sure it is valid to place xmlns somewhere other than inside a root element much earlier in the declaration of the entire document. Could you please advice me how to command docbook to produce the HTML I need i.e. the pure <pre class="programlisting highlight-shell notranslate">? Or maybe there's another way of marking a programlisting in docbook non-translatable?

Thanks a lot,
Alexey