docbook message

Subject: Tagging social media IDs

I will have a requirement to identify the social media "names" of contributors, eg @foo@mastodon.org or @bar@twitter.com (or perhaps @X) and others (FaceBook, BlueSky, ad infinitum or perhaps ad nauseam).

In the absence of anything specific, I am temporarily using

   <email role="x">docbook</email>

without the "at" sign, and keeping the platform in the role attribute.

Is it worth looking at adding Yet Another Element Type (eg <social-media>) with a controlled vocabulary for a "platform" attribute? or is it too early to define how we want to store and use these addresses?

Or have I missed something?

Peter

--
Peter Flynn