ebxml-bp message

Subject: 8/24/2004: isIntelligibleCheckRequired - Proposed Revision

We had discussion on the ttribute isIntelligibleCheckRequired after our
call two weeks ago before the meeting break

Question: In the v2.0 document we need to ensure that this attribute's
meaning is clear throughout. In the descriptive text, we indicate the
attribute
(='true') restricts sending the Receipt Acknowledgment unless the
message passes structural/schema validation. In sections 6.1.25 and
6.1.26, we indicate for RequestingBusinessActivity and
RespondingBusinessActivity, that 'the document' passes that check. We
need to ensure it is either the message or the business document
consistently in the technical specification.

JJ Dubray has suggested we clarify with:

    The document envelope must pass structural/schema validation,
    including all documents in the document envelope which have a schema
    (XSD or other) associated to them.

If you look further into the v1.1 specification (and previous versions
for that matter):

    CURRENT: Legible means that it has passed structure/ schema validity
    check. The content of the receipt and the legibility of a message
    (if required) are reviewed prior to the processing of the Business
    Document or the evaluation of condition expressions in the message's
    business documents or document envelope.

    Receiving party must check that a requesting [or responding]
    document is not garbled (unreadable, unintelligible) before sending
    acknowledgement of receipt. This parameter is specified on the
    sending side.(See also section on core transaction semantics)

The historical principle was based on UMM R10. Referencing Chapter 9,
Start State Semantics (transitioning to Success state):

    2. If a business record exists and it is also syntactically and
    structurally formatted with respect to the agreed message guideline
    in a TPA.

Here is a suggested revision:

    PROPOSED:  Legible means that the document envelope must pass
    structural/schema validation, including all documents in the
    document envelope which have a schema (XSD or other) associated to
    them. The content of the receipt and the legibility of a message (if
    required) are reviewed prior to the business (substantive)
    processing of the Business Document or the evaluation of condition
    expressions in the message's business documents or document envelope.

    Receiving party must check that a requesting [or responding]
    document is not garbled (unreadable, unintelligible) before sending
    acknowledgement of receipt. This parameter is specified on the
    sending side.(See also section on core transaction semantics).

Comments? Thanks.