ebxml-cppa message

Subject: [ebxml-cppa] msg service version

FYI from Duane Nickull.

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 12/09/2001
10:40 PM ---------------------------

Duane Nickull <duane@xmlglobal.com> on 12/09/2001 06:37:25 PM

cc:    ebXML Msg <ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject:    [ebxml-msg] Concerns of a Canadian...

Dear ebXML Message Cartel:

I have been following the recent work in the group and am pleased to see
things shaping up.  However,  there are some questions I would like to
ask:

1.  Has anyone addressed issues surrounding forwards and backwards
compatibility between the 1.0 MSH and the current spec?

2.  IF #1 has been addressed,  what must a version 1.1+ MSH handler do
when it encounters and older ebXML message version:

   a. kindly announce it via a recoverable error message;

   b. quietly parse it without telling anyone

   c. consider it a fatal error and issue a call to the runtime stack
announcing suspension of the Business Collaboration

????

ALSO -

3.  Is there a hook in the CPP/A mechanism so trading partners can
declare which version(s) of the ebXML messaging they support?

I apologize in advance for being too lazy to read the new CPP/A dtd ;-)

Duane Nickull

--
CTO, XML Global Technologies