ebxml-iic message

Subject: [ebxml-iic] STAR ebXML reference implementation

IIC team - as you already know, the Open Applications Group (OAGI) has been
retained by the STAR consortium (Standard for Technology in the Automotive
Retail) to develop specifications for conducting electronic business
between car dealerships and manufacturers. The STAR/XML working group
involves companies such as GM, Ford, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota, Honda on the
manufacturing side, and EDS, R&R, and APD on the dealership management
system side.

The STAR/XML working group, at our recommendation, is using OAG Business
Object Documents [BODs] and ebXML as the basis of their architecture. We
are developing BODs as the payload for transactions that run over an ebXML
infrastructure and specifying business collaborations utilizing the ebXML
BPSS specification and hope to utilize CPAs..

We are also working with the AIAG Message Routing committee to jointly
develop an ebXML implementation specification based on the draft produced
by the STAR/XML Infrastructure WorkGroup.

One of our WorkGroups is exploring development of a "reference
implementation".  I have attached a draft of the project definition. It is
still evolving, but will give you an idea of what we are considering. We
are open to suggestions as to how best proceed and welcome any advice from
the "pros" amongst you.  Our main driver, however, is schedule, since STAR
members want to launch pilots ASAP and rapidly go to deployment.

If you are interested in working on this project -- please call me to
discuss further.
Regards,
Tony
A.J. (Tony) Blazej