emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap-profiles] IPAWS eventCode note

> Seems to me that if all info blocks in an alert must relate to a
> single incident or update with the same category and eventCode, that
> limits it to one eventCode per alert.

Both category and eventCode are multiple value elements.  The info block requirement doesn't limit them to a single value only, just that all info blocks must use matching values.  So this example would be valid under the current language,

...<info>
  <eventCode>SAME=abc</eventCode>
  <eventCode>SAME=def</eventCode>
</info>
<info>
  <eventCode>SAME=abc</eventCode>
  <eventCode>SAME=def</eventCode>
</info>

However you don't want to limit it to one eventCode entirely since other code lists might be in use by an issuer for other system needs,

...<info>
  <eventCode>SAME=abc</eventCode>
  <eventCode>CustomStateCode=123</eventCode>

So whats needed is a restriction of only one eventCode of valueName "SAME" per info block.  This of course contrasting with the geocode where multiple geocodes of valueName "SAME" are allowed.

--
jake@jpw.biz