emergency message

Subject: Re: [emergency] Fwd: RE: Establishing A Centralized Database For Katrina Evacuees

Sounds like a good idea but I note that no-one in the thread expressed
any security concerns. This centralized database server would be
pummeled by all kinds of folks interested in looting, identity theft and
fraud.

I think one would be better served by one database storing no more
information than is contained in a white pages book, along with unique
keys that can be mapped to other decentralized databases, some or more
which would require more security (such as an individual's SS# or
current location).

I can't imagine the people finder schema would scale well for tens of
thousands of people... it seems like a good replacement for something
like a personal ACT contact list at most. Some things just require a
real database instead of a monolithic XML file.

Cheers
Kon