legalxml-courtfiling message

Subject: Proposed LegalXML Member Section Rules of Procedure

I received the following message from John Messing, Chair of the LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee (and a member of our TC):

“The LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee has preliminarily adopted new Rules of Procedure (ROP), subject to objection from its affiliated TC's. The adopted version can be found  at the following link:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-ms/download.php/23939/LegalXMLRoP-approved%20by%20SC%20on%2020070509.doc.”

“This preliminary version of the ROP as adopted by the Steering Committee follows a recently adopted OASIS Policy on Member Sections. (See the Policy at http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ms_policy.php.) OASIS requests each TC to review both documents and raise any questions or issues as soon as possible, but no later than June 1, 2007. If no objection on behalf of a TC is received by June 1, 2007, then at its next meeting, the Steering Committee will proceed on the understanding that the TC accepts and agrees to abide by the ROP and OASIS Policy. If there is objection, the Steering Committee will consider each such objection, and in light of them, a final version will be adopted by Steering Committee for submission to the OASIS board.”

“The OASIS Board will consider for adoption the final Steering Committee version at the OASIS June 22, 2007 Board meeting.”

Please let John Messing know if you have any objections to the proposed Rules of Procedure by the deadline of June 1, 2007.  Let me or Tom Clarke know if there is any matter involving the proposed Rules of Procedure warranting discussion at a special teleconference meeting of the TC called for that purpose.  Unless we receive a request for such a meeting, we will assume that TC members have no comments or that they have conveyed any comments they may have to John Messing directly.