office message

Subject: Fwd: ODF spec question (white-space processing)

Subject: ODF spec question
Date: Sunday 06 August 2006 00:04
From: Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>
To: David Faure <faure@kde.org>

I would like someone that is closer to the TC to give a "yes"/"no" on an
issue I found in the testsuite.

In 5.1.1 (page 84) it specifies that extra white space characters are
ignored.
I read this to be about
- more then one literal consecutive whitespace
- any literal whitespace following a text:c or text:tab element.

OOo adds a case that I don't agree with:
- any whitespace after an opening text:p tag.

So  <text:p>         foo</text:p>
will have only one word and zero spaces in Writer.
I expect it to have 1 space and one word.

Can you tell me what the correct interpretation is?

Thanks!
--
Thomas Zander