office message

Subject: Draft Charter for a OpenDocument/UOF Harmonization TC

Dear TC members,

in our TC meeting on August, the 14th, we discussed the opportunity to
harmonize OpenDocument and the Chinese UOF file format, and the possible
options to do that. We in particular discussed the option to create a
subcommittee that works out recommendations on how to best harmonize the two
formats. Since the TC did like that idea, Robert an myself took an action
item to create a charter proposal for this.

We have a charter proposal ready now. It is attached below, and I will put a
discussion of the proposal on the conference call agenda for next Monday.

Best regards

Michael

Charter for a Subcommittee for Proposing the Harmonization of OASIS
OpenDocument Format (ODF) and the Working Group 7 of E-Government Standards
General Team's Specifications for Chinese Office File Formats Based on XML (UOF)

Statement of purpose
--------------------
1.To evaluate the OpenDocument 1.1 specification against the Chinese
linguistic, cultural, business, academic, government, technical and similar
requirements with special consideration given to how UOF meets these
requirements.

2.To propose other recommendations regarding what steps should be taken for
the purpose of harmonizing UOF and OpenDocument.

Deliverables
1.A formal evaluation of the suitability of the OpenDocument file format for
the above requirements.

2.A list of  additional capabilities and modifications OpenDocument requires
to support above requirements.

3.Recommendations regarding what further steps should be taken for the
purpose of harmonizing UOF and OpenDocument.

Scope of work