office message

Subject: Re: [office] ODF with W3C ODF

Yue Ma,

mayue@cn.ibm.com wrote:

>In ODF 1.2 timeframe, could we spend some time to think about a formal way to introduce or combine different namespace/format such as XHTML,XForm,SVG,SMIL into ODF, like W3C CDF has defined.
>
>Currently, the XForm/SVG/SMIL in ODF have some limitations, and  combine different format into ODF will make ODF more powerful and functional. So I tink it worth to investigate and define a way in ODF to contain those foreign namespace/format info although there already has some definition in ODF about foreign elements.

I would find that of interest. I dimly recall that WG 1 in SC 34 in the
RELAX standard (now in ten parts so pardon my memory) has a mechanism
for dealing with namespaces. I will run that down and post a reference
to the list. Just something we might want to look at in considering your
suggestion.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--