office message

Subject: Re: [office] Numbering spec

I have a question, which might be a little off-topic, but which I ask
because of the way you describe this:

On Nov 20, 2006, at 5:33 PM, David Faure wrote:

> Currently the change of numbering style means that the last two
> paragraphs would
> actually be considered as part of another list. They should be in
> the same list, but
> with a different style.

At a generic level, then, it seems we are talking about objects which
are conceptually related, but have different presentation.

So if we stay at that generic level, what about images or blockquotes
or tables that are a conceptual part of a paragraph? E.g. my
blockquote example:

   Paragraph text paragraph text paragraph text paragraph text
paragraph text
	blockquote text blockquote text blockquote text
	blockquote text blockquote text blockquote text
	blockquote text.
   Paragraph text paragraph text paragraph text.

So those three paragraphs are in fact one.

It's always bothered me that document applications and formats don't
correctly represent this typically (though DocBook, TEI, and XHTML
2.0 all do), and I've even run into practical circumstances where
this has caused problems.

The previous caption examples also seems similar.

Bruce