office message

Subject: Re: [office] Another 10 issues for 7 November 2011

Hi Patrick,

some quick comments inline -

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> 1. Proposal for adding Font Feature support to ODF
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3414

Makes sense to me, and let's go for option #2 (additional style
attributes, in line with css) -> take it.

> 2. 9.1.13 - confusing naming of table:title element
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3404

I concur with Andreas -> close.

> 3. 1.2-1 5.5.6 <office:change-info> content overkill
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3383

Defer, change tracking is gonna be touched big time anyway.

> 4. Please standardize "Line Start Prohibition Rule"
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3356

Agreed that this is missing, but there's no concrete proposal from
Murata-San -> ask for that & defer.

> 7. add formula engine information
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3034

Lots of "nice to have", "ain't this cool", but no compelling case
made why this would be useful in real life -> close.

> 8. Comment on bibliographic section of ODF
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3031

Misguided feature request. Use rdf or any other out-of-band means
to store the data (that will be opaque to an odf processing
application anyways) -> close.

> 9. Comments on Digital Signatures in ODF 1.2 Part 3
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3030

No material change to objections -> defer.

> 10. 14.1 <office:annotation> currently not usable with <draw:page>
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3022

Would be one down on the list of OOo extensions LibreOffice has ->
take the fix.

Cheers,

--

Thorsten Behrens

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg; GF: Jeff
Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)