office message

Subject: Notes from 29 June 2020

Greetings!

The notes from the ODF TC meeting on 29 June 2020 follow.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

****************************

Svante Schubert: Hi Regina
Regina Henschel: Hi Svante
Patrick: Revised, proposed agenda
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 22 June 2020
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00033.html

4. Regina's proposed statement of use -
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00034.html

5. Request for Github artifacts,
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00038.html

6. OFFICE-4073 Page-content-bottom vertical relation
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073

7. (new) Be more precise about the values 'text', 'char' and 'line' in
style:vertical-rel https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4076

8. (new) Not clear, to which elements attributes vertical-rel and
vertical-pos can be applied https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4077

9. (new) The technical term "baseline" is not defined.
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4078

10. Svante's manifest corruption email (not an easy topic)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00037.html
(I will try to summarize what I have already said about options before
the meeting, it's not complicated but then it isn't straight forward
either.)

11. Other business?

12. Adjournment.
Patrick: quorum - yes
Svante Schubert: I would suggest #10 to #6 as we have moved it already a
few times.
Svante Schubert: Regina: Second it, as manifest #10 is relevant to
ODF1.3 the other to ODF .14
Patrick: with changes:
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 22 June 2020
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00033.html

4. Regina's proposed statement of use -
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00034.html

5. Request for Github artifacts,
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00038.html

6. Svante's manifest corruption email (not an easy topic)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00037.html
(I will try to summarize what I have already said about options before
the meeting, it's not complicated but then it isn't straight forward
either.)

7. OFFICE-4073 Page-content-bottom vertical relation
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073

8. (new) Be more precise about the values 'text', 'char' and 'line' in
style:vertical-rel https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4076

9. (new) Not clear, to which elements attributes vertical-rel and
vertical-pos can be applied https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4077

10. (new) The technical term "baseline" is not defined.
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4078

11. Other business?

12. Adjournment.
Patrick: with further additions:
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 22 June 2020
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00033.html

4. Regina's proposed statement of use -
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00034.html

5. Request for Github artifacts,
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00038.html

6. Svante's manifest corruption email (not an easy topic)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00037.html
(I will try to summarize what I have already said about options before
the meeting, it's not complicated but then it isn't straight forward
either.)

7. Implemented ODF 1.3 sample files for testing (Alfred)

8. OFFICE-4073 Page-content-bottom vertical relation https://issues.oasis-op

9. (new) Be more precise about the values 'text', 'char' and 'line' in
style:vertical-rel https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4076

10. (new) Not clear, to which elements attributes vertical-rel and
vertical-pos can be applied https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4077

11. (new) The technical term "baseline" is not defined.
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4078

12. Other business?

13. Adjournment.
Patrick: agenda as amended approved by consent
Patrick: Minutes of 22 June 2020 - changes or additions - none
Patrick: Approved by consent
Patrick:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00034.html
Svante Schubert: BTW we might want to use the public version of OASIS
URLs in our public minutes like
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00034.html
Patrick: Would need approval preface
Patrick: OK Svante - on minutes - use public link -
Patrick: Regina will send to her board of directors ...
Patrick: 5. Request for Github artifacts,
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00038.html
Svante Schubert:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00038.html
Patrick: Francis has reviewed the styles being used across parts 2, 3, 4
- with comments - can summarize and report a status to the list
Svante Schubert: The idea is to collect all tools related to our ODF
specification to reuse them for automation at GitHub
Patrick: character styles applied to default values is there (Francis)
Patrick: 6. Svante's manifest corruption email (not an easy topic)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/202006/msg00037.html
(I will try to summarize what I have already said about options before
the meeting, it's not complicated but then it isn't straight forward
either.)
Svante Schubert: Patrick: Tc has an ODF 1.3 committee specification. We
discovered afterwards the issue in the manifest schema in a part that
apparently nobody implements.
Svante Schubert: Patrick: Three ways we can go. 1) We do nothing at all,
when we collect the 3 implementation statements
Svante Schubert: the TC approves them and we make the request for 7days
ballot if we want to make it an OASIS standard
Svante Schubert: afterwards >86 days
Svante Schubert: If we start from any committee specification (CS) after
we got 3 implementation statements, we have the special ballot to vote
if or not the CS becomes an OASIS standard, at the end of the 7 days,
time period start to run about 86 to 95 days (assuming the OASIS admin
is not overwhelmed by other work)
Francis Cave:
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#OASISstandard
Svante Schubert: Option #2) We fix it
Svante Schubert: And we change documentation to CS2 as it is a new
committee specification. 7 days vote on being this a committee
specification. 14 days review period for comments. no comments we have CS02
Svante Schubert: Option #3)
Svante Schubert: The least favoriable one form Patrick's view. Fix it
and say it is a none material change. Prolbem: Anyone from OASIS could
blame us for this saying it is a material change.
Svante Schubert: How about asking OASIS admin if our fix a material change?
Svante Schubert: Let's simply fix it! And go for a CS02 to get it out of
the world!
Patrick: Francis - option 2 is the only risk free option
Svante Schubert: ^^ I mean Option #2
Patrick: Option 2 by consent
Patrick: changes to the manifest schema as agreed
Patrick: 7. Implemented ODF 1.3 sample files for testing (Alfred)
Patrick: Editors will produce CSO2 for TC by next Monday - 6th of July, 2020
Patrick: TC will request 15 day public review at that point
Patrick: 7. Implemented ODF 1.3 sample files for testing (Alfred)
Patrick: Regina has produced some test files - what kind of files are neede?
Patrick: Alfred - files that implement the new features of ODF 1.3
Svante Schubert: Regina: What kind you want? Alfred: Documents with the
new ODF 1.3 features to test their implementation.
Svante Schubert: We should consider to collect test files of new feature
to GitHub for conformance testing.
Svante Schubert: Regina: Will check for files and produces some in a
reasonable time.
Michael Stahl: see files sw/qa/extras/globalfilter/data/text13e.odt and
sc/qa/unit/data/ods/spreadsheet13e.ods for some of the features
Patrick: Alfred one feature per file would be great
Svante Schubert: I would start adding a folder named by the feature JIRA
issue number in GitHub
Svante Schubert: src/test/resources/ODF1.3/12345 - feature 12345
Patrick: OFFICE-4073 Page-content-bottom vertical relation
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073
Svante Schubert: 8. OFFICE-4073 Page-content-bottom vertical relation
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073
Svante Schubert: Adding a JIRA label OOXML_Interop see my email
Svante Schubert: Regina: We already talked last week about the issue.
Svante Schubert: JIRA label:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00036.html
Svante Schubert: Propsal attached to the issue
Svante Schubert: Relevant is Reginas proposal
Svante Schubert: "Interop_OOXML" is the new label in-spe
Patrick: Resolve office-4073 by consent
Patrick: Separate issue - Interop_OOXML - need as JIRA label
Patrick: by consent

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net