office message

Subject: Notes from 20 June 2022 - ODF TC teleconference

Greetings!

Notes from today's meeting are below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

**********

*Patrick:*  quorum!

*Patrick:*  minutes of June 13th - approved by consent

*Patrick:*  agenda - approved by consent

*Patrick:*  #4 edits review

*Patrick:*  19.515 style:repeat, add value "scale" for isotropic scaling
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4106

Correction: Schema: change is in wrong place. It should be in <rng:define name="style-graphic-fill-properties-attlist"> line 10931.

In case we want the new value for style:repeat of an <style:background-image> (17.3) too, we should reopen the issue. The current resolution is for style:repeat in elements <style:draw-page-properties> (17.25) and <style:graphic-properties> (17.21).

*Patrick:*  Regina - can take it now, new issue for extending it.

*Patrick:*  19.615.2 <table:filter-condition>: Extend table:data-type attributes to filter by color
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4107

The value "window-font-color" is described for the table:data-type value text-color only while the schema allows this value also for the table:data-type valuedata-style-color. Is that intended?

b) The applied specification change to 19.690 matches the resolution, but do we really want "on string or numeric, or color values" rather than "on string, numeric, or color values"?

c) The applied specification change to 19.713 matches the resolution,but the formatting of teh two inserted "or" does not look correct. They are not part of the values.

d) The table of content numbering is inconsistent with the numbering of the document, e.g. in the table of content the 19.617.2 <table:filter-condition> section has number 19.615.2. I assume that LO does not keep the table of content up to date, since there are also differences between the entry text and the headers of the corresponding section.

*Patrick:*  Francis says the script generating values may not handle complex schema choices -

*Patrick:*  <rng:attribute name="table:data-type">
<rng:choice>
<rng:value>text-color</rng:value>
<rng:value>data-style-color</rng:value>
<rng:value>background-color</rng:value>
<rng:choice>

*Patrick:*  Michael - would make the problem Andreas mentions even worse

*Patrick:*  Andreas - do we want window-font-color to be used for data style color - schema allows - text says only for text color

*Patrick:*  Defer to 27 June 2022

*Patrick:*  Andreas -> "on string, numeric, or color values"?
Francis - agreed

*Patrick:*  Andreas -> "on string, numeric, or color values"?
Francis - agreed

*Patrick:*  19.713 style used for the "or"s same as the values - text style - Francis agrees default character style

*Patrick:*  a deferred, b and c fixed, d non-issue

*Patrick:*  add form:input-required attribute
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4121

Correction: This inserts a new attribute, and shifts 700+ following sections by 1 (this will have impact on for example, the Microsoft Implementer Notes)

FC> IÃÂm afraid so, which is why in the last meeting I raised the question of where to insert new attributes.

*Patrick:*  defer to next week

*Patrick:*  start next week below 4121 --

*Patrick:*  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4125

*Patrick:*  Use of the draw:opacity attribute disables any transparency effect and set[s] the opacity for the fill area of an object.

*Patrick:*  Michael says an empty string isn't a legal value.

*Patrick:*  Regina - are there any problems with it?

*Patrick:*  Regina - resolve and fix any problems in the future

*Patrick:*  Resolve 4125 by consent

*Patrick:*  Regina - box-plot - from Alfred - asked Adreas what Gnumeric - does horrible things with the data - behaves like one box chart but there were 3 or 4 in it.

*Patrick:*  different columns or rows to be used for box plots

*Patrick:*  can't line up with gnumeric or other applications - done very different from other plots Regina sees the same problem too

*Patrick:*  Gnumeric does all plots the same way - data for each column - is separate

*Patrick:*  Excel - change a value in one column, may go from 3 box plots to 4.

*Patrick:*  Regina - what do other statistical software to generate box plots -

*Patrick:*  take up next time with Alfred

*Patrick:*  adjourned

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net