office message

Subject: Re: [office] Draft Agenda for July 18, 2022 - ODF TC Teleconference

Hi all,

Patrick Durusau schrieb am 17.07.2022 um 23:22:

5. Editor's request: Closing issues on ODF 1.4. Previously have said that 1 June 2022 was that date.

All issues; New + Open; fix version ODF 1.4 returns 32 issues.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20New)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.4%22

Q1. Should we simply rev. all these issues to ODF-Later, subject to being reset to another target version of ODF? This means the editors have a stable text for a variety of processing and editing tasks, i.e., we can move more quickly when the text isn't changing underfoot.

Q2. If Q1 is no, what is the best way to triage the issues to be included in ODF 1.4? At 32 issues, issue by issue discussion is a non-starter.

My opinion on Q1 is "no".
Suggestion for Q2: We look whether the issue is ready to resolve, that is the proposal has new wording for the text and a schema diff and no current discussion. Label that issue with "ready to resolve". Label the other issues with "not ready". Continue in the next meetings with the "ready to resolve" ones.

Attached is an issue list with a suggestion for reviewers.

Kind regards,
Regina