office message

Subject: Notes from ODF TC teleconference 8 August 2022

Greetings!

Notes from the ODF TC teleconference follow below.

Quite seriously, do be careful with your health.

Polio has returned in New York city, the only kind left, the paralytic kind.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

**************************************

*Patrick:*  Quorum - yes

*Patrick:*  Agenda - approved by consent -

*Patrick:*  Minutes 25 July 2022 - approved by consent

*Patrick:*  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4024

*Patrick:*  *Patrick:*  If a style:condition, table:condition, table:expression, table:formula or text:formula attribute value begins without a namespace, the attribute value portions that are expressions determined by a prefix shall conform as if there were a prefix bound to namespace "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2".

*Patrick:*  Alfred - whether or not it begins with a namespace then ...

*Patrick:*  Andreas - some other namespace, our namespace, no namespace

*Regina Henschel:*  If a style:condition, table:condition, table:expression, table:formula or text:formula attribute value has no namespace prefix, the attribute value portions that are expressions shall conform as if there were a prefix bound to namespace "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2".

*Patrick:*  Andreas - it is about what is required - not how to interpret

*Patrick:*  Michael - doesn't say anything about other namespaces

*Patrick:*  Andreas agrees

*Patrick:*  Andreas - first sentence is meaningless - (Patrick, true)

*Patrick:*  Regina - text:formula - only should begin with namespace - no default to openformula

*Patrick:*  Need to look for prefix missing - use openFormula -

*Patrick:*  Andreas - should say what namespace is being used for all formulas

*Patrick:*  Regina - text:formula it is missing - need to correct 19.811

*Patrick:*  Regina - correct 19.811

*Patrick:*  Regina - remove last sentence

*Patrick:*  Andreas - what about the first sentence

*Patrick:*  Andreas - same for 2.2.2 - use a namespace - conform to namespace?

*Patrick:*  Start the next meeting with OFFICE-4024 -

*Patrick:*  The first sentence that we agreed was meaningless was: "If a style:condition, table:condition, table:expression, table:formula or text:formula attribute value begins with a namespace prefix bound to namespace
"urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2," the syntax and semantics of the attribute value portions that are expressions determined by the prefix shall conform to part 2 of this specification."

*Patrick:*  ****

*Patrick:*  Regina - should we have text if no namespace is provided, then openformula is used

*Patrick:*  Andreas - should be said in each item, missing in one text formula

*Patrick:*  Andreas - appears to say to be a conforming document - must use openformula

*Patrick:*  Andreas - have to start with our namespace or no namespace, which becomes our namespace

*Patrick:*  Underspecified - uses our namespace, no namespace - defaults to our namespace, if another namespace, must be specified

*Patrick:*  Andreas - if encounter another namespace - what if I can't interpret it - F

*Patrick:*  Frances - not interoperable but doesn't mean it isn't conformant

*Patrick:*  Frances - extensiblity enabled by the standard

*Patrick:*  Andreas - other than our namespace isn't conforming

*Patrick:*  Andreas D.3 provides only two options - ours or no namespace

*Patrick:*  A future problem D.3 under document says:  "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.3". Under extended 2.2.4 - "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2 " namespace. "All namespace prefixes used in the values"

*Patrick:*  And the others need to be mentioned

*Patrick:*  And then there is the duplication in E -of the opendocument formula

*Patrick:*  Regina- style condition can depend upon things not defined in openformula

*Regina Henschel:*  https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part3-schema.html#attribute-style_condition

*Patrick:*  Francis - is style condition is footnote - is it in the openformula namespace?

*Patrick:*  Extended or non-extended document -

*Patrick:*  Regina - namespace is on the attribute value and not the attribute itself so the removal of foreign attributes doesn't help

*Patrick:*  Andreas - not allow for basic document - but in extended document perhaps - what would a default value be? for basic document - should not be allowed and currently isn't

*Patrick:*  could declare foreign namespaced values as foreign values like attributes and element to be ignored if you like

*Patrick:*  B.1.1) Foreign elements, attributes, and attribute values not in opendocument namespaces....have been removed

*Patrick:*  Would require edits to 3.17

*Patrick:*  Francis - also a problem with style:condition - aren't in OpenFormula - footnote is not defined in part 4 - these values aren't in openformula

*Patrick:*  Francis style:condition is a special case

*Patrick:*  Michael - can't enter a formula for style:condition

*Patrick:*  Table 6 - other xml namespaces defined by this specification

*Patrick:*  really not namespaces, values don't have namespaces

*Patrick:*  Francis - should have a separate table of value namespaces - don't mention XML namespaces

*Patrick:*  Attribute Value Namespaces Defined by this Specification - would need to define attribute value namespace -

*Patrick:*  adjourned

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net